- 20 min
- 65 min
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (160g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (40ml) Queen Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 2 tsp Queen Celebrating 120 Years Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas (400g), mashed
- 2 tbsp (40ml) natural yoghurt
- 1 ½ cups (180g) walnuts, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced). Grease and line base of a 13.5cm x 23.5cm loaf pan. Place flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and brown sugar, breaking up any lumps. Add Maple Syrup, Cinnamon Baking Paste and Vanilla Extract, whisking until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until fully incorporated then stir in banana, yoghurt and walnuts. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, folding gently until combined.
Pour mixture into pan and arrange sliced banana on top. Bake for 60 – 65 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan briefly then turn onto rack to cool.
Method - Glaze
Whisk together Maple Syrup and Vanilla Extract and drizzle over banana bread to serve.
Cake can be kept for up to 3 days in an airtight container.