Our Commitment To Privacy
We are committed to complying with the privacy provisions of applicable legislation including the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Types of information we collect
The information we may collect depends largely on your relationship with us.
We generally collect two types of information:
- personal information which you knowingly choose to provide that is collected on an individual basis; and
- website use information collected on an aggregate basis, as you and others browse our Websites.
We only collect personal information to the extent that this is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we may collect includes:
- your name, residential and postal address and contact details (such as your email, phone number and social media handles);
- credit/debit card/banking details (if you purchase our products or services or if we need to process cashback promotions);
- system and network information (if you access our Website); and
- any other information you provide us or we request from you from time to time.
Method of Collection
Our preference is to collect personal information from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. In some cases, we may collect your personal information from a third party.
We generally collect your personal information when you register for or express interest in any of our products, services, competitions, offers or marketing or if you apply for employment with us. Similarly, in some instances, you may be able to submit information about other people with the intent that they will be the recipient of our products, services or marketing information.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by other methods.
If you visit any of our websites (including this Website), your web-browser automatically discloses, and we automatically log, system information which may include: the date and time of access; your public IP address, browser and operating system; the URLs of any pages you access and any referring URLs; any first and third-party cookies stored on your computer; and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Purposes of collection
Purposes for which we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to:
- processing your orders and returns;
- customer relationship management;
- marketing and product improvement;
- ensuring the operation of the Website and optimising the content and deliverability of the Website;
- Website analytics to evaluate use of the Website;
- any other activity required for our business operations; and
- to authenticate the identity of individuals.
We will not sell or market your personal information to third parties.
Use and disclosure
We will only use or disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. As a general rule, personal information may be used and/or disclosed by us for reasons including:
- for the purposes for which we have advised we are collecting it, and for related reasonably expected purposes;
- where we have your consent to do so;
- to process orders, invoice and dispatch goods or marketing material which may include disclosure to freight providers or contractors;
- as part of the asset sale of a business division;
- to process and assess employment applications;
- to allow participation in a competition or offer;
- as required by law;
- to deal with customer inquiries, suggestions or complaints;
- for market research on products customers may be interested in;
- to improve our products and services;
- to keep individuals informed about products, services, competitions, offers and other activities relevant to us and/or our business partners that we think may be of interest; and
- under other circumstances where permitted under the Privacy Act.
We share personal information with Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (Google) for the purpose of analytics and personalisation in relation to our Website. Google processes your personal information on our behalf (data processor). Our configuration of Google Analytics and Google Optimize does not allow Google to use data that is gathered through Google Analytics or Google Optimize to improve Google products and services.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour Dublin 2, Ireland;
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; and
- The UK Trade Desk Ltd., 10th Floor, 1 Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7BL, Great Britain.
We may transmit usage information from our Website about our site visitors to third-party ad servers for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on other sites. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by our third-party ad servers on our site. The information that is collected and logged on our behalf through this technology is not personally identifiable to our third-party ad servers and we do not capture or transmit any web site usage information that can personally identify you.
We may process information about how you interact with our Website, e.g. from where you are referred to our Website, how long you use our Website and the path you take through individual sub-pages. For example, we can record whether you found us via a search engine (and if so, under which search term) or an advertisement, how long you spent browsing the content of a particular page and how many pages you visited in total.
- evaluate the reach of our advertising campaigns and how users who have become aware of our Website through our advertising campaigns use our services; and
- record which users use our Website in order to form groups (so-called audiences) and to address these audiences on other online platforms with personalised advertising.
We also transfer this information to third parties who may also process it for their own purposes.
Please also see the section on cookies below and to learn more about our third-party ad servers, or to learn your choices about not having this information used to target advertisements to you, please visit www.google.com/doubleclick.
- save your preferred language version of our Website or similar settings for your next visit;
- distribute requests to our Website across multiple web servers (load balancing);
- provide a uniform context (session) to multiple requests to our Website, in order to facilitate login-secured parts of our website or checkout/payment processes (as relevant); and
- save your consent regarding tracking tools and active / deactivate tracking tools according to your choice.
We will not use or disclose personal information for the purposes of direct marketing to you unless:
- you have consented to receive direct marketing materials;
- you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for this purpose; or
- we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
You can ask to be removed from our marketing/promotional mailing list (or from specific communications) at any time by sending a request to Dr. Oetker Queen Australia – [email protected] (or by following the prompts in the relevant communication, where applicable).
Please note that even if you have requested not to receive further direct marketing communications, we may nevertheless continue to provide you with information about changes to our terms and conditions for the supply of goods or services, questionnaires and other factual information. This form of communication is not regarded as “direct marketing” under the Privacy Act.
Storage of data and overseas disclosure
The personal information we hold is either stored on our servers or the servers of third-party service providers, located both in Australia or internationally, and at our offices within Australia. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to records.
Some of our business partners and service providers to whom we share personal information as described above may be located outside of Australia. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance the location of every business partner or service provider with whom we deal, however, personal information may be stored and processed in locations including New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
It is possible that information will be transferred to a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act and that does not have an equivalent level of data protection as Australia. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be accountable for how these overseas recipients handle your personal information.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to these parties. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your personal information overseas please contact us using the details provided below.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to records. We will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for our business purposes.
We will comply with our obligations under the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme (as described in the Privacy Act) in respect of eligible data breaches. To the extent we are required to notify you of a data breach, we will take all reasonable steps to make you aware of such data breach.
When using our website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
Access, correction and further information
We will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the personal information which we collect remains accurate, up to date and complete.
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us via the details below if you:
- wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
- require further information on our personal information handling practices.
Contact Details: Dr. Oetker Queen Australia – [email protected].
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in actually providing you with access.
If you consider that the information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Privacy Act, to correct that information if you so request.
We will respond to all requests for access and/or correction within a reasonable time. Please be aware that, in order to preserve the confidentiality of your personal information, we require proof of your identity before providing you with access to such personal information.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, we suggest you approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available. We will provide our full cooperation in the event that you elect to pursue this course of action.