- 20 min
- 60 min
- 220g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Queen Celebrating 120 Years Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (225g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and Vanilla Extract until light and fluffy - be patient as this will take about 5+ minutes.. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add flour and milk, mixing until combined.
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 55-60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Buttecream
Place butter and vanilla in bowl of a stand mixing and beat on medium-high speed for 6-8 minutes until pale and fluffy.
With mixer off, sift in icing sugar folding to combine. Return to mixer and beat until combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Spread buttercream over top of cooled cake and decorate as desired.