- 15 min
- 30 min
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup (160g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced). Grease and line an 18x28cm slice tin so that the paper extends over the sides.
In a large bowl, stir together the butter, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, flour, hazelnut meal and cocoa until smooth then spread it into the tin and smooth out the top.
Bake the slice for 25-30 minutes or until firm then leave to cool in the tin.
To make the icing, use an electric mixer to beat the vanilla, butter and hazelnut spread until smooth. Add the icing sugar and beat on low until incorporated then increase the speed and beat until light and fluffy.
Spread the icing over the cooled slice then cut into squares to serve.