- 20 min
- 20 min
- 150g butter
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond meal
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Lemon Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp Queen Natural Lemon Extract
- 65ml water
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (150g) gluten free plain flour, sifted
- Icing sugar, to finish
Method - Base
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 24 x 29.5 slice pan with cooking spray and baking paper, ensuring the baking paper has some overhang on the sides.
Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg and Lemon Extract, beat until combined.
Fold in almond meal and flour until well combined. Press over the base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden. Set aside.
Method - Cake
Whisk together coconut, baking powder, Lemon Extract, water and remaining sugar, eggs, and flour in a large bowl. Pour the mixture over cooked base. Bake for additional 20 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and cut into pieces to serve.
Freeze for up to two months by wrapping slice securely in cling wrap.