- 10 min
- 40 min
- 1 ¼ cup (200g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 200 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ⅔ cup (200g) carrots, peeled & grated finely
- ⅔ cup (80g) walnuts or pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Icing
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced). Grease and line a medium 21cm x 11cm loaf tin with baking paper.
Whisk together sugar, eggs, oil and Vanilla Bean Paste in a large bowl until well combined.
Sift together flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add to mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the grated carrots and walnuts until incorporated.
Add mixture to prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until sponge bounces back when pressed. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Icing
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add Vanilla Bean Paste and butter and mix until just incorporated. Add icing sugar and mix on low until combined – do not over mix.
Spread icing onto cooled loaf and slice to serve.