- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (240g, approx 2-3 medium) finely grated carrot
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) almond meal
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon or Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) icing sugar
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp Queen Natural Lemon Extract
- 125g butter, softened
Method - Carrot Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced). Grease two cupcake trays with cooking spray.
Whisk together oil, eggs and Vanilla Bean Paste in a bowl. Add caster sugar and beat with electric mixer to combine.
Stir in carrot, sifted flour, almond meal and cinnamon. Divide into prepared cupcake trays. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
Method - Cream Cheese Icing
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add icing sugar and Lemon Extract, beat on low speed until combined then increase speed to medium-high for one minute until smooth.
To assemble, slice domed top off 8 cupcakes and pipe a small layer of icing on the bottoms. Top with remaining cupcakes and finish with a larger swirl of icing. Dust with additional cinnamon and serve.
This recipe makes 16 cupcakes. To make the double cupcakes pictured, cut the domed top off half the cupcakes, pipe with icing, then top with with the remaining cupcakes. Or, simply pipe icing onto 16 small cupcakes.