- 100g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tsp Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut, to finish
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 12-hole mini muffin pans. Beat butter, caster sugar and coconut essence, until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat to combine.
Add coconut to bowl, and mix to combine. Add the flour into butter mixture alternately with the milk. Mix until just combined.
Divide mixture between muffin holes. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into one cake comes out clean. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
For the icing, beat all ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread over cupcakes and finish with a little coconut on top.