- 20 min
- 15 min
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp QueenOrganic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 100ml milk
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- zest + juice of 1 lemon (approx. 45ml juice + 1 tbsp zest)
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup (190g) icing sugar
- 150g cream cheese (or 80g plain Greek yoghurt)
- 2/3 cup (80g) fresh or frozen raspberries plus extra for decorating
Preheat the oven to 170C (fan forced) and line 2 12-hole cupcake trays with liners (will make between 18 and 23).
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and voluminous. Add the melted butter and the milk and beat through. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the top and mix them into the batter. Followed by the lemon juice and zest and then finally the raspberries.
Divide the batter between the cupcake cases (about 1½ tbsp in each case). Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of one comes out clean. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
To make the icing, beat the icing sugar and cream cheese or yoghurt together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and thick. Slowly add the raspberries and blend them in.
At this stage you might need to add a little extra icing sugar to thicken the icing or a bit of milk or yoghurt to thin it. Spread the cooled cupcakes with icing and top each one with a raspberry.
Recipe by Claire K Creations.