- 20 min
- 20 min
- 12 Bundtlettes
- 1 cup (120g) walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- Zest of ½ lemon (approx. 2 tsp)
- 2 ½ cups (300g, approx 3 medium) grated zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
- Juice of one lemon (45ml)
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
Method - Bundtlettes
Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan forced). Grease bundtlette tray with melted butter, then dust with flour and tap out excess. Do not use baking spray on your bundt tins or the cakes will stick.
Using a mixer with paddle attachment or hand beaters, mix eggs, sugar, olive oil, vanilla and lemon zest for 3 minutes until well combined. Sift in flour, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Mix until combined, then gently fold in nuts and zucchini.
Transfer batter to prepared tin, and tap the tin firmly on bench top to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 15-20 mins until bundts/muffins bounce back when pressed. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes while preparing glaze, then invert on cooling rack.
Method - Glaze
For glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and brush over warm cake using a pastry brush. Allow to cool completely before serving.
If you don’t have a mini bundt tin, this recipe can be made into 24 cupcakes
This cake was baked in a Nordic Ware Heritage Bundtlette Cake Pan.
Available online at nordicware.com.au