- 20 min
- 50 min
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp (175g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 185ml milk
- 2 teaspoons Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Queen Pure Maple Syrup
Pre-heat oven to 180C (fan forced). Grease a 20cm round cake pan.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to the butter mixture with the milk and mix on low until combined.
Pour into prepared pan, and place slices of apple on the surface. Brush with a little maple syrup. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.