- 30 min
- 12 min
- 250g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup + 1/4 cup (140g) icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Queen Fairtrade Vanilla Extract with Seeds
- 90g cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/4 cups (340g) plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
Pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla together until light and creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat it through until smooth.
Add the sifted flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until the dough comes together.
Using a tablespoon of dough at a time, roll it into balls and place on the tray leaving at least 3cm between each one. Use your thumb to make an angled imprint and then press again to form a heart. Fill each dough heart with about half a teaspoon of jam.
Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Leave them to rest on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies can be kept for up to 3 days in an airtight container.