- 10 min
- 25 min
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup (250g) fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250g) plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp (40ml) lime juice
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
- 1½ tbsp (30ml) lime juice
Method - Muffins
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole capacity muffin tray with paper cases.
Combine the flour, sugar, lime zest and poppy seeds in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the ricotta, egg, Vanilla Extract, yoghurt, lime juice and oil, and, using a butter knife, mix until just combined.
Spoon mixture into muffin cases and fill the cases ¾ full. Bake for 20–25 minute, turning half way. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Icing
Place the icing sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
With a small spoon, drizzle the icing over the muffins and finish with a sprinkle of extra poppy seeds to serve.