- 10 min
- 30 min
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (300g) spelt or whole meal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon and Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 pears, diced
- ½ cup (75g) spelt flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) slivered almonds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon or Cinnamon Baking Paste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (40ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) milk
Method - Muffins
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
Place the oil, eggs, yoghurt and Vanilla Extract in a jug and whisk to combine. Place sugar, flour, cinnamon, chia seeds and baking powder in a medium bowl, stir to combine.
Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into dry and mix using a wooden spoon until just combined. Add pears and gently fold to disperse. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until ¾ full.
Method - Topping
In a small bowl add flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, salt, vegetable oil and milk stir to combine. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the topping mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
If using Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste, incorporate paste into wet ingredients.