- 20 min
- 40-45 min
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe medium bananas (about 120g each)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Vanilla Lemon Icing
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
- 10g butter, melted
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp strained fresh lemon juice
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
Use an electric mixer to beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until pale and creamy, scraping down the side of the bowl when necessary. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined.
Use a fork to mash the bananas on a plate. Add to butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the milk. Sift together flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda, add to banana mixture and then use a spatula or large metal spoon to fold together until just combined.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface with the back of a metal spoon. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Method - Icing
When the cake is completely cool make the Vanilla Lemon Icing. Sift icing sugar into a medium mixing bowl, add butter, vanilla and lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon until a smooth, thick spreadable consistency. Spread icing over the top of the cake. Serve in wedges.
- This cake will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If using Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste, simply add to wet ingredients.