- 60 min
- 1 hour 30 min
- 175g butter
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (175g) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Queen Madagascan Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground almonds
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (175g) plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sachet Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp (300g) sultanas
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (175g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (150g) glace cherries
- 2 tsp honey
- 200g marzipan
- 150g Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Icing White
- Dr. Oetker Chocolate Silver Pearls
Place a roasting tin of cold water in bottom of oven then preheat to 150°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 19cm square cake tin with baking paper and wrap outside of tin in a double layer of brown paper. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and
sugar until pale then gradually beat in eggs and stir in Vanilla Bean Paste, Almond Extract and ground almonds.
Sift flour, nutmeg and Baking Powder on top and add all fruit. Mix to combine and spoon into prepared tin. Smooth top and bake for 1 ½ hours until lightly browned and firm to touch. Allow to cool in tin before removing. Discard tin linings and wrap in fresh baking paper and foil and store for three days before decorating.
When ready to decorate, discard wrapping. Using a 7cm round pastry cutter, push down on top of cake within 1cm of edge to make four circles – you may need to trim edges with a knife.
Divide marzipan into four. On a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll each piece into a circle to fit top of cake. Brush with honey, secure marzipan circle on top and trim to neaten.
On a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll out Ready to Roll Icing to 5mm thickness and cut four discs using pastry cutter. Using a star cutter, stamp out four stars from four discs of icing. Brush marzipan with a little water and secure Ready to Roll Icing discs on top of each cake. Carefully fill star cut outs with Chocolate Silver Pearls. To finish, secure a ribbon around each cake.