- 20 min
- 35 min
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped & at room temperature
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ¾ cup (185ml) milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (55g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup (185g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin. Set aside.
Combine butter, sugar and milk in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is combined. Remove from heat and use a fork to whisk in eggs and Vanillla.
Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together in a large bowl. Stir in the coconut, then add butter mixture and stir with balloon whisk until just combined.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth top with back of a metal spoon. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Stand in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Chocolate Buttercream
Use an electric mixer to beat butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Spread onto cooled cake and cut into portions to serve.