- 20 min
- 55 min
- 100g butter, softened and cubed
- 1/3 cup (105g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp (40ml/60g) Queen Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed (400g)
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Queen Pure Maple Syrup
To make maple vanilla banana bread, pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan-forced) and grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper so that it extends over the sides.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy then add the eggs and beat until the mixture is thick.
Beat in the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup then add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and beat them through.
Finally, add the banana and mix just until combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave the banana bread to cool completely in the tin.
When it has cooled, make the icing by mixing the sifted icing sugar together with the maple syrup and stirring in the water, a little at a time until it is thin enough to drizzle.
Take the cooled banana bread out of the tin and drizzle the icing over the top.