- 20 min
- 20 min
- 160g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup (100g) gluten free plain flour, sifted
- 1 ⅔cup (250g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds, sifted
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Almond Extract
- 3 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup (125g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup (60g) flaked almonds
- Cream to serve
Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced). Grease a 12 hole friand or cupcake tin with butter.
Combine flour, icing sugar and almond meal in a large bowl.
In another whisk egg whites until frothy. Gently mix the frothy egg whites into the flour mixture.
Add melted butter, Almond Extract and Vanilla Bean Paste and mix until incorporated.
Fill each friand 2/3 full. Place 3-4 raspberries and a sprinkle of flaked almonds on top of each friand. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and a inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes in tin before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve the friands warm with a dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of cream.