- 15 min
- 30 min
- 1 ½ cups (225g) plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon or Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (55g) firmly packed, brown sugar
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup (60g) pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup (55g) lightly packed brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon or Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (120g) honey
- 3 tbsp (60ml) water
- 1 tbsp (20ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
Method - Base
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced), grease and line a 30cm x 20cm brownie pan with baking paper.
Combine flour, bicarb, salt & cinnamon in a large bowl. Add melted butter, sugars, vanilla and orange zest, mixing until well combined. Press into prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes until evenly golden.
Method - Topping
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon over cooked base while it is still warm and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden and aromatic.
Method - Syrup
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, simmering for 12-15 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Allow to cool slightly before drizzling over cooked slice.
To serve, cut into triangle pieces with a sharp knife. Makes a delicious treat served with double cream and a cup of tea!
If using Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste, incorporate paste into wet ingredients.