- 30 min
- 70 min
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (125g) blackberries, frozen, thawed
- 220g butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self raising flour
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
Method - Fruit
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
Toss fruit in melted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the base of the pan, then arrange the fruit on top in a tight, even layer.
Method - Cake
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and Vanilla Extract until light and fluffy - be patient as this will take about 5+ minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add flour, cinnamon and milk, mixing until combined.
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the tin, before inverting onto a serving plate. Best served warm with a dollop of cream.