- 25 min + Chilling
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) warm water
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp Queen Celebrating 120 Years Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (125g) frozen blackberries
- 1 tbsp (20ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
Method - Panna Cotta
Lightly grease six deep-fluted tart tins. Sprinkle gelatine into a bowl of warm water and set aside to allow gelatine to absorb.
Combine cream, sugar, Vanilla Extract and Vanilla Bean Paste in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil and whisk in gelatine, mixing until smooth. Remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Stir through milk and buttermilk. Pour mixture into tins and refrigerate for at least three hours until set or overnight.
Method - Compote
Combine blackberries, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture simmer until berries are soft and mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
Turn panna cotta out onto plates and spoon with blackberry compote to serve.