- 30 min
- 20 min
- 180g salted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 3 tsp Queen Celebrating 120 Years Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup (125ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 2 tbsp (25g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup (250ml) lemon curd
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Line a 12-hole cupcake tray with patty cases.
Cream butter, sugar and Vanilla Extract together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (5-8 minutes). Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift in flour and salt, then add sour cream and mix until combined.
Divide mixture among 12 patty cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
Whip cream, icing sugar and Vanilla Bean Paste until medium peaks form. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a shallow disc from center of each cake, 1cm in from edges and 1 ½ cm deep. Cut discs in half to form butterfly wings. Fill cavity of each cake with lemon curd and vanilla cream. Arrange 'wings' on top and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.