- 5 min
- 8 min
Grease and line the base of a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin or a 26cm x 16cm slice tin with baking paper or foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
Place condensed milk, sugar, butter and Glucose Syrup in a large (3L) microwave-safe glass bowl and microwave for 8 minutes, stopping to stir every 2 minutes. Keep a close eye on the microwave as the mixture may bubble over.
Add Vanilla Bean Paste and chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth and glossy. Mix half the Tim Tams into the fudge, then quickly pour into tin and smooth. Top with remaining Tim Tams and press into the fudge.
Allow to cool completely before refrigerating for 2 hours. Slice into pieces with a hot knife to serve.
- We used a 1100 watt microwave at full power. For a lower or higher wattage microwave, additional or less time may be needed to set correctly.
- Stored in an airtight container, fudge will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Melts produce the best result in this recipe as chocolate in bar form may seize due to the high heat.
- A large 3L is required for microwave fudge as mixture increases in size as it bubbles – any smaller and the mixture may bubble over the sides of your bowl.
- Please use oven mitts or a tea towel when handling the glass bowl straight from the microwave as it will be very hot.