- 20 min
- 20 min
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 sachet (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tsp Queen Madagascan Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 pouch Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Salted Caramel Filling
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups (450g) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tsp Queen Salted Caramel Flavour for Icing
- Dr Oetker Salted Caramel Crunch, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Prepare cupcake tin by adding cupcake liners.
Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 6-8 minutes until pale and fluffy, sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat until just combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Add vanilla bean paste and yoghurt and fold through until just combined.
Divide the batter evenly between 12 cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer cupcakes to a wire rack. While the cupcakes are still warm, fill each cupcake with Surprise Inside salted caramel filling (1 packet will fill all 12 cupcakes) and set aside to cool completely.
To prepare the icing place butter in the bowl of a stand mixing and beat on medium-high speed for 6-8 minutes until pale and fluffy. With the mixer off, sift in icing sugar and add Salted Caramel Flavor for Icing, and fold to combine. Return to mixer and beat until combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a 1M (Rose) piping tip. Pipe icing onto the top of each cupcake and sprinkle with salted caramel crunch balls to serve.
Discover Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centers and Salted Caramel Crunch here.