- 10 min
- 20 min
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 tbsp (50g) peanut butter
- 55g caramel-filled chocolate
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped salted peanuts
- 50g dark chocolate, extra, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced) and lightly grease a 20cm cast iron skillet (or similar sized baking dish).
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
Once melted, remove from the heat and beat in the sugar and vanilla bean paste followed by the eggs, adding gradually and whisking constantly. Finally, fold through the flour and salt, and then scrape into the greased skillet.
Dollop the peanut butter over the batter, and swirl through. Chop the caramel-filled chocolate into 1cm sized chunks and scatter over the top, pressing them in gently.
Bake the cookie for 20 minutes, and leave to cool for at least 10minutes before serving. Cookie will appear soft in the middle- this is how it is supposed to be!
Serve in bowls topped with a scoop of ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate and peanuts.