- 20 min
- 12 min
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 125g butter, melted & cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Peppermint Extract
- Queen Rainbow Food Colouring
Icing & Decorating
- Dr. Oetker Buttercream Icing
- Dr.Oetker Ready to Roll Icing Red
- Dr.Oetker Ready to Roll Icing White
Method - Cupcakes
Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl. In a small bowl (or large jug), beat eggs with a fork. Add milk, peppermint and cooled butter, stir to combine.
Add egg & milk mixture to the sifted flour and stir with a metal spoon. Divide the batter in three and tint one bowl green and one red.
Alternating between the three colours, spoon the batter into muffin sized paper cases (or a greased muffin pan) and bake at 180C (fan forced) for 12-15 minutes.
Method - Icing & Decorating
Prepare the butter cream icing and ice each cupcake (trim the tops to flatten them out first if they have risen a lot).
Prepare the red and white icing according to the instructions on the packet then roll each one out. Cut rounds the size of the tops of your cupcake and place them on top of the cakes.
Use a small cookie cutter to cut star shapes from the icing and attach to the opposite colour of cupcake, using a little water to help them stick then leave them to dry.