- 30 min
- 40 min
- 180g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 1/3 (200g) cups plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Queen Buttercream Icing
- Strawberries with the hulls removed
- Icing sugar for dusting
Pre-heat the oven to 180C fan-forced and grease and line a 30cm x 24cm pan.
In a large saucepan, combine the butter, chocolate, sugars and vanilla and heat, stirring, until smooth then remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes.
Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder and mix well then add the eggs one a a time and mix until they are combined. Fold in the walnuts if using.
Spread the batter into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool in the tin then cut into squares.
Top each square with a round of Butter Cream Icing then add a strawberry. Add another little bit of icing to the top and then dust with icing sugar to serve.