- 20 min
- 15 min
- 100g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (30g) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (110g) plain flour
- 1 sachet Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 75g pineapple pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- ½ tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- Dr. Oetker Neon Sugar
Method - Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan. Beat butter, caster sugar and Coconut Essence, until pale and
creamy. Add egg and beat to combine. Add coconut and mix to combine. Add flour and Baking Powder into butter mixture alternately with the milk. Add pineapple. Mix until just combined.
Divide mixture between cases. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Stand
cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Method - Decorate
Place egg whites, sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a large heatproof bowl. Whisk to combine. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Using an electric hand mixer, beat egg white mixture for 15 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Remove bowl from heat. Beat until cool and add Vanilla Bean Paste and Coconut Essence.
Using a piping bag, decorate the cupcakes. Before serving, sprinkle with Neon Sugar.