- 20 mins
- 22 mins
- 220g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1 cup (125g) frozen raspberries, sightly thawed
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 450g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- ¾ cup (100g) frozen raspberries, thawed, pureed & sieved
- Piping Bag or ziplock bag
- Desiccated Coconut
- 9 Iced Vovo Biscuits, cut in half
Method - Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced). Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar and Vanilla Extract until light and fluffy - be patient as this will take about 5+ minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add coconut, flour and milk, mixing until combined. Fold through raspberries.
Fill cupcake cases with 1/3 cup of batter, then bake for 20-22 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Buttercream
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, icing sugar and Vanilla Bean Paste until lightened in colour, about 5 minutes. Add Raspberry puree and mix to combine.
Place buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large round piping tip. Pipe onto cupcakes, top with half an iced vovo and a light sprinkle of desiccated coconut.