- 15 min
- 15 min
- 240g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups (285g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Queen Concentrated Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups (340g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (95g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp corn (24g) flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 170C (fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Beat butter, sugars and Vanilla Extract together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs and beat for another 2 minutes
Sift together flour, cocoa powder, corn flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold through chocolate chunks.
Divide the dough into 14 balls (roughly 95-100g each). Place on baking trays and bake 1 tray at a time for 12 - 14 minutes. Allow to cool of baking tray for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer smaller cookies, this mixture will make 30-34 normal sized cookies and need 6-8 minutes in the oven.