- 15 min + freezing
- 10 min
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- ½ cup (60g) natural macadamias, halved
- ¼ cup (30g) flaked almonds
- ¼ cup (30g) natural pistachio kernels, whole
- 3/4 cup (95g) glace cherries
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (80g) soft dried figs, quartered
- 1L premium vanilla bean ice cream
- 200g store-bought fruit mince
- Chocolate chards or curls, for garnish
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced) and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. In a small bowl combine olive oil, honey, salt flakes and Vanilla Bean paste. Mix until well combined.
Combine macadamias, almonds and pistachios and toss in vanilla honey mixture until well combined. Tip onto baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, toss mixture again and return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden and fragrant. Allow to fully cool and gently break up into pieces if stuck together.
Line a loaf tin with two layers of cling wrap, ensuring enough overhang to fully wrap the tin.
Combine fruits and chocolate with cooled vanilla nut mixture and spread evenly into base of lined loaf tin.
Spoon ice cream over fruit and nut mixture until halfway up the side of the pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth ice cream into an even layer. Top with fruit mince, then finish with remaining ice cream until the top of the tin is reached.
Cover tightly with overhanging cling wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
To serve, flip tin onto serving platter or chopping board and tap lightly to remove from tin. Gently remove cling wrap and serve topped with extra chocolate shards. Cut into slices at the table to serve.