- 10 min
- ½ tsp Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp (40ml) dark rum
- 1 ½ tbsp Queen Sugar Free Maple Flavoured Syrup
- 1 can (395g) sweetened condensed milk
- 250g plain sweet biscuits (such as Milk Arrowroot, Marie)
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (45g) desiccated coconut, extra
In a small bowl, combine Cinnamon Baking Paste, Vanilla Bean Paste, orange zest, rum, Maple Flavoured Syrup and condensed milk. Set aside.
Finely crush biscuits using a food processor. Combine crushed biscuits, cocoa and coconut in a large bowl, mixing to combine.
Pour condensed milk mixture into biscuit mixture and mix thoroughly until mixture comes together.
Scoop heaped teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls. Roll in additional coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If your mixture isn’t firm enough to roll, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
For a family friendly batch of rum balls, substitute rum with 2-3 tsp Queen Rum Essence.
Rum balls can be kept in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to a month.
If you do not have a food processor, place biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.