- 20 min
- 40 min
- 200g good quality dark cooking chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 packet Queen Royal Icing
- Candy Canes, roughly chopped
Pre-heat oven to 170°C (fan forced) and grease and line a 20cm square brownie pan. Alternatively, grease a rectangular mini-loaf tray or brownie pan liberally with cooking spray.
Place dark chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted, approx. 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, sugar and Vanilla Bean Paste to chocolate mixture and whisk well to combine.
Sift flour and cocoa powder into chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownie. Remove from oven and cool in pan completely before cutting into pieces.
Prepare Royal Icing according to packet instructions then use a teaspoon to drizzle over the top of cut brownie squares. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over each brownie square before icing dries. Once dry, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.