Basic Muffin Mixture
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or full cream
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup neutral oil (vegetable, canola, grapeseed)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Extract
- Coconut / Rapadura sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Blueberry Muffins: 2 cup blueberries
- Choc Chip Muffins: 1 cup chocolate chips, or roughly chopped making chocolate
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins: 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm chunks + 2tsp cinnamon
- Banana: 1 large banana
Method - Muffins
Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl, make a small well in the centre. Set aside.
For blueberry: Fold through most of the blueberries, reserving a few to pop on top. Fill cases ¾ full with batter and top with remaining blueberries.
For Chocolate chips: Fold through most of the chocolate chips, reserving a few to pop on top. Fill cases ¾ full with batter and top with remaining chocolate chips.
For Apple Cinnamon: Coat apple chunks in cinnamon. Fold through most of the apple reserving a few to pop on top. Fill cases ¾ full with batter and top with remaining apple chunks.
For Banana: Add 1 mashed banana to batter, fold through then fill case ¾ full with batter.
Bake for 20 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 minute in tin before moving to a wire rack to cool.