Terms & Conditions: Cake Expo Ticket Competition
QUEEN FINE FOODS – Cake Expo Ticket Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Queen Fine Foods Pty. Ltd. (ABN 84 009 877 347) of 17-19 Wakefield Street, Alderley Qld 4051, Australia (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences at 6am AEST on 11/03/16 and ends at 6pm AEST on 17/03/16 (“Promotional Period”)
6. To enter, eligible individuals must describe in 25 words their favourite product manufactured by Queen Fine Foods or Dr. Oetker Foods Australia and why the product is their favourite. Entries must be submitted via the Queen Fine Foods Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/QueenFineFoods as a comment below the post announcing the competition.
7. Multiple entries are not permitted.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The judging will take place at the end of the promotional period, with judging occurring on Friday March 18, 2016. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
12. The winner will be notified by a response to their entry on the Queen Fine Foods facebook page so that delivery of the prize can be arranged to an Australian residential address.
13. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit of the entry provided to the promotional question.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The best (4) entries of the promotional period, as determined by the judges, will win two single day general admission tickets to Cake Expo Melbourne valued at RRP $36.
16. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
17. If for any reason a winner does respond to Queen Fine Foods to arrange prize delivery within 24 hours of being notified of their winning entry, the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19. Total prize pool value is AU$144.
20. Prize(s), or any unused portion of a prize, is / are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. Delivery of the prize will be via email, with a code supplied to redeem the tickets on the Cake Expo website.http://www.cakeexpo.com.au/
22. When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, answers to promotional questions, recordings and images (“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. Any cost associated with accessing/using the Internet is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/taking of a prize.
29. As a condition of accepting a prize, a winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
31. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.