- 1 hour prep time, 3 + hours setting time
- 8 (or 4 large)
Raspberry jelly layer
- 4 sachets of Jel-it-In
- 750 ml cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen raspberries
Brandy whipped cream
- 250g gingernut biscuits, roughly chopped or crushed
Vanilla + rose cheesecake topping
Caramel chocolate shards
- 40g vegan caramel chocolate *See notes
Method - Making the Jelly:
Add 250ml cranberry juice and Jel-it-in to a saucepan and mix well until the powder has completely dissolved (it will become thick and cloudy).
Add remaining cranberry juice and sugar, then place over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Whisk the mixture continuously until it has boiled for 5 mins, then allow to cool for a few minutes before carefully pouring into desired serving glasses.
Divide frozen raspberries between each glass then set in the fridge for 1+ hours.
Method - Brandy whipped cream:
Remove cream from the fridge. Turn the open can upside down and discard the liquid part at the bottom.
Scrap all of the thick coconut cream into a bowl with the Vanilla, Maple and Brandy.
Whisk for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, using electric beaters.
Once the jelly has set, divide between the jars and then top with the crushed gingernut biscuits.
Method - Cheesecake topping:
Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla and rose water to a medium-sized bowl. Beat until is light, fluffy, smooth and free from lumps.
In a separate bowl beat the coconut cream (follow same instructions for opening in the previous step) for 2-3 minutes, then add to the cream cheese mixture along with the maple syrup.
Gently fold together, then set in the fridge for 2 hours before dividing between the trifle jars.
Method - Caramel shards (optional)
Simply place vegan caramel chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a bowl of simmering water and allow to fully melt then pour onto a lined baking tray. Allow to set in the fridge until firm.
The vegan items listed are available at major supermarkets nationwide:
-For butter, we used the ‘Naturli Vegan Block’ and recommend this over margarine both in terms of texture and flavour. We also recommend the ‘Miyoko’ vegan butter, or you may substitute for softened coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
– The coconut cream can be substituted for ‘natures charm coconut whipping cream’ which is available at IGAs, online and at specialty stores.
– Vegan cream cheese is widely available at all major supermarkets in the refrigerated vegan/vegetarian section.
– Arnotts gingernut biscuits are naturally vegan.
– Vegan caramel chocolate can be found at all major supermarkets in the health food aisle.