- 20 min
- 20 ready-made doughnuts, unfilled
- Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres (Salted Caramel, Rich Chocolate, Zesty Lemon)
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- Queen Food Colour Gel in Blue, Red, Yellow and Green
- Dr. Oetker Sprinkles Sour Strands and Chocolate Silver Pearls
Purchase unfilled regular or jam doughnuts from your local bakery or cinnamon doughnuts from the supermarket.
Insert the nozzle of the desired Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres pouch into doughnuts and squeeze.
Mix icing sugar and water together in a medium bowl until well combined. Consistency should be quite thick and stiff. Divide mixture into smaller bowls and colour to your choice. Pour icing mixture into individual piping bags.
Cut a small opening in piping bags and slowly start to squeeze the icing. Create a line with icing on the outer edge of your doughnut and one line on the inner part of the doughnut. Fill in between with icing so it’s all covered.
Wait 2 minutes before decorating so the icing is set just a little. Decorate with Dr. Oetker Sprinkles. Press down slightly so they stay in place. Enjoy!
For best results, warm doughnuts in the microwave before filling with Surprise Inside Centres.