- 15 min
- 40 min
- 1½ cup (225g) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon or Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (165g)sugar
- 3/4 cup (165g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh pumpkin cooked and puréed)
- 120g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
Preheat oven to 175°C (fan forced) and grease and flour the pan.
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl combine sugars, vanilla, pumpkin, eggs and butter until smooth. Add the flour mixture and milk, and combine all ingredients.
Pour the batter into prepared pan and tap on counter gently to remove bubbles. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Cool loaf on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Thanks to our friends at Nordic Ware Australia for the recipe and photograph. View the original here.
If using Queen Cinnamon Baking Paste, incorporate paste into wet ingredients.