- 15 min
- 20 min
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (40ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (135g)
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) buttermilk
- crushed peanuts, to decorate
- Queen Soft Sugar Pearls Silver, to decorate
- dark chocolate curls, to decorate
- 250g block light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup EQUAL SPOONFUL
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced). Line 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases.
Put peanut butter, oil, mashed banana, Equal spoon for spoon and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand beater until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Gently fold in half the flour.
Stir in buttermilk, and remaining flour, stirring until just combined. Spoon batter evenly into prepared holes and smooth surface using the back of a spoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make frosting, place all ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric hand beater until light and fluffy. Put into piping bag and pipe small mounds of frosting onto the centre of each cupcake. Decorate with peanuts, silver pearls and chocolate.
This recipe is thanks to our friends at Equal. Click here to see the original recipe and discover more healthier baking recipes.