- 20 min
- 1 hour
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 45ml orange juice
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Brandy Essence
- 3 tsp Queen Natural Orange Extract
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) gluten free plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- Icing sugar, to serve
Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced). Grease and line a 24cm spring form pan.
Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick using an electric mixer. Add in orange juice, extracts and Vanilla Bean Paste, then fold in almonds and flour in three batches, alternating with the orange juice.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into orange mixture in two batches.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Dust cooled cake with icing sugar to serve. This cake is also delicious with a dollop of Vanilla cream.