- 15 min
- 40 min
- 200g good quality dark cooking chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 250g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 170°C (fan forced). Line base and sides of a square 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
Place dark chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted, approx. 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, sugar and Vanilla Bean Paste to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine flour and cocoa. Gradually stir in chocolate mixture with a whisk until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate pieces then pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownie. Remove from oven and cool in pan before cutting into pieces.
To freeze ahead, simply allow brownies to cool completely before wrapping cut brownies in cling wrap and freezing for up to 3 months.