- 30 mins + chilling
- 15 min
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa, sifted
- 3/4 cup (75g) desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup (80g) caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/3 cup (350g) icing sugar, sifted
- 60g copha, melted
- 1 tbsp (20ml) boiling water
- 1/2 tsp Queen Peppermint Extract
- 200g dark cooking chocolate
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Method - Base
Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced). Grease and line an 18x28cm slice tin with baking paper. Set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add melted butter, egg, and Vanilla Extract and mix to form a dough.
Spread evenly into prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Method - Peppermint Filling
Place icing sugar, melted copha, boiling water and Peppermint Extract in a bowl and stir to combine. Working quickly, spread over chilled base and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
Method - Chocolate Topping
Combine chocolate and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts until melted. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over slice. Refrigerate until firm. Use a hot knife to cut into slices.