- 30 min
- 20 min
- 10 cupcake cases or mini terracotta pots
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tsp (120g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 2 sachets Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 2g salt
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- 75ml milk
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 pouch Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Rich Chocolate
- 100g Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Icing Green
- 1 pouch Dr. Oetker Designer Icing Chocolate Flavour or Pink
- Dr. Oetker Edible Mini Wafer Flowers
- Dr. Oetker Edible Wafer Daisies
Method - Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan forced) and line a cupcake tray or mini terracotta pots with 10 cupcake cases.
In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with electric beater. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift in flour, cocoa powder and Baking Powder. Add salt and chocolate chips and gently fold in. Fold in milk and Vanilla Bean Paste in stages to make a smooth batter.
Split mixture between 10 cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes. Once baked allow to cool slightly, then squeeze Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres into each cupcake and then allow to cool completely.
Method - Decorate
To decorate, roll out Ready to Roll Icing Green to thickness of a $1 coin. Using a knife, carefully cut out long thin leaves approximately 5-7cm long and 1.5cm wide. Take three leaves and gently squeeze together at one end and place on top of cupcake. Pipe Pink or Chocolate Flavour Designer Icing with the star nozzle on top of each cupcake. Decorate with Mini Wafer Flowers and Wafer Daises.
Mini terracotta pots make these cupcakes extra special!