- 140g butter, melted
- 1 cup (160g) brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar, sifted
- 50g copha
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp Queen Natural Peppermint Essence
- 1 cup (180g) dark chocolate
- 35g copha
Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced). Grease and line a 20x30cm pan.Combine all ingredients for crust, and mix well. Pour into prepared pan evenly and tap on bench top to release bubbles of air. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until firm. Allow to cool.
Place sugar, copha, cream and Peppermint Essence in a saucepan and heat on medium until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour over cooled crust, then refrigerate for 1 -2 hours.
Melt together the dark chocolate and copha. Allow to cool slightly and then pour over filling. Allow to set for at least 4 hours.
Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before cutting into 4cm squares.