- 220g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Queen Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Greek yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cup (210g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp Queen Lemon Extract
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp (40ml) Greek yoghurt
Method - Cake
Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, Vanilla and Lemon Extract until light and fluffy - be patient as this will take about 5+ minutes. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add flour and yoghurt, mixing until combined.
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 60-65 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Method - Icing
Combine all ingredients, mixing to combine. Spread over cooled cake.