- 10 min
- 3 cups packed fresh mint, leaves picked
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp bitters
- ½ cup (125ml) fresh lime juice (approx 4 limes)
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) white rum
- 6 cups crushed ice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 6 sprigs mint, for garnish
- Queen Vanilla Bean Pods, for garnish
In a large bowl or jug, combine mint leaves, sugar, vanilla and bitters in a large bowl and muddle using a wooden spoon until the mint leaves are crushed and fragrant.
Add lime juice and rum, stirring until sugar dissolves. This mixture can be pre-prepared and stored in the refrigerator if desired.
When ready to serve, strain rum-mint mixture into a large jug or glasses filled with ice. Top up with soda water and garnish with mint sprigs, lime and vanilla beans.