- 10 min
- 5 min
- 40ml gingerbread syrup (see recipe below)
- 300ml milk
- 2 shots espresso coffee or instant coffee mixed with 60ml boiling water
- 200ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
- Mini gingerbread men, to serve
- Ground cinnamon, to serve
- Store-bought salted caramel sauce, to serve
Method - Gingerbread Syrup
Combine water, sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until well combined. Add ground ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla bean paste and mix until well combined. Bring mixture to a simmer and remove from heat.
Once syrup has cooled, transfer to a sterilised jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Makes 500ml.
Method - Assembly
Heat milk and prepare coffee as desired. Whisk cream and vanilla bean paste until thick, set aside.
Pour coffee and warmed milk into serving cups or glasses and add gingerbread syrup, ensuring enough space is left to add cream and caramel at the top of the glass.
Use a spoon to dollop whipped cream on top of coffee and drizzle with salted caramel sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately with a mini gingerbread cookie.