- 10 min
- 15 min
- 1kg skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dried red chillies, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Coconut Essence
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
Dice chicken into 5cm pieces. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring until onion is softened. Stir in chilli, curry and chicken pieces until well coated with spice mixture.
Add chicken stock and sugar, simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until chicken pieces are tender.
Combine Coconut Essence, flour and evaporated milk, mix well then stir mixture into curry. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened but ensure mixture doesn't boil as milk will curdle. To serve, sprinkle with parsley and chives and serve with steamed rice if desired.