- 20 min
- 40 min
- 4 chicken Marylands
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 350g fresh apricots, halved, stone removed
- 3/4 cup (180ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (20g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp Queen Natural Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) flaked almonds, toasted
- Green beans and salad, to serve
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a non stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add chicken, two pieces at a time to cook. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until browned on both sides. Transfer to prepared baking tray. Once all pieces are browned, bake for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add apricots, orange juice, sugar and Almond Extract to onion. Stir until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apricots have broken down into a thick sauce.
Transfer sauce to a food processor and process until a smooth sauce forms. Season with salt and white pepper. Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce.
To serve, place chicken onto serving plates and top with sauce and sprinkle with almonds. Serve with steamed green beans and salad.